04 October 2018

MELBOURNE FESTIVAL: 16 Lovers Lane

MELBOURNE FESTIVAL 2018
16 Lovers Lane
Lindy Morrison, Amanda Brown and too many more to name
6 October 2018
www.festival.melbourne

Cover shots from "16 Lovers Lane" The Go-Betweens


In 1988, my favourite album was 16 Lovers Lane by The Go-Betweens. I played my cassette copy more than New Order's Substance. I also went to every Go-Betweens gig that I could get to; so many pub band rooms.

Thirty years later, I interviewed Lindy and Amanda about this album and what it's like to revisit it all these years later.

On Saturday night, I get to see some of them again in plush seats at the State Theatre.

Here's the interview on The Music.

PS. I also got to sneak in a bit of an interview I did with Grant in 2000.

And here's me in Brisbane in 1988.