07 March 2020

MICF: Annie Louey's Big Break

MELBOURNE INDEPENDENT CELEBRATORY FEMINIST
Annie Louey
Annie Louey's Big Break
26 March–19 April
Chinese Museum
comedyfestival.com.au

Annie Louey. Photo by Theresa Harrison

I first saw Annie perform about three years ago. I knew then that she was going to be one of those performers who let me have bragging rights of "I saw them when they first started".

If you could see anyone (possible or impossible) in your audience, who would it be?
Lucy Liu. Just for the Kill Bill references in this show and my sick martial arts choreography.

What is one of your favourite comedy festival memories?
Chinese folks I've never met coming to my show to support me only because we have the same surname. Honestly if your surname is Louey, just hit me up and I'll comp you in!

Who is one of your favourite Melbourne Indie Celebratory Feminists?
Liz Skitch, my director, because she's fierce and finds time to help other women no matter how busy life gets. I told her I was getting eaten alive by mosquitos while sleeping, so she came over and helped me put a mosquito net the same day – with her kids in tow.

What three shows are you not going miss this comedy festival?
Scout Boxall Good Egg
Anna Piper Scott Queer and Present Danger
No Apologies The Chat Show

What else could MICF stand for?
My incredibly comical farts.


GIVEAWAY COMPETITION

1 double pass to

Annie Louey's Big Break
28 March
8.30pm
Chinese Museum

EMAIL with ANNIE LOUEY COMPETITION in the subject
Closes on 24 March 2020