11 March 2020

MICF: Alanta Colley, On the Origin of Faeces

MELBOURNE INDEPENDENT CELEBRATORY FEMINIST
Alanta Colley
On the Origin of Faeces
24 March–4 April
TBC
comedyfestival.com.au

Alanta Colley. Photo by Sarah Walker

I know so much about bees because of Alanta, and one of my favourite MICF stories her chasing bees around Northcote. I can promise that you'll come out of her show smarter than when you went in, which doesn't compare to the utter delight of hearing her stories that combine the scientific and the personal. And this show is about poo. I can't wait.

If you could see anyone (possible or impossible) in your audience, who would it be?
Phoebe Waller Bridge. Everything she creates is magic.

What is one of your favourite comedy festival memories?
In my early days, when I'd squeeze in 4–5 shows a day, I came out of a show late and a little delirious and couldn't remember where I had left my bike. I bumped into Alisdair Tremblay Birchall, who was carrying a bag of carrots. He offered me one and helped me find my bike. He is a man of infinite generosity and, what most people don't know about him, is that he always has at least one kind of vegetable on his person.

Who is one of your favourite Melbourne Indie Celebratory Feminists?
I'll go international with Josie Long. I always think about her show title Romance and Adventure because I think it sums up her positive, cheeky, delightful storytelling shows which always enthral audiences.

What three shows are you not going miss this comedy festival?
Ange Lavoipierre Zealot  (An exploration of God, which I am so thoroughly here for.)
Alisdair Tremblay-Birchall & Andy Matthews Teleport.  (It's an engineering show and they're both a bloody delight.)
Martin Dunlop The Last Ghost is You (Explores all the tropes of the world of ghost stories and asks, what it really means to be haunted.)

What else could MICF stand for?
Many Indiscriminately Coloured Ferrets.


GIVEAWAY COMPETITION

1 double pass to

Alanta Colley On the Origin of Faeces
3 April
7.15pm
TBC

EMAIL with ALANTA COLLEY COMPETITION in the subject
Closes on 29 March 2020